The team at ServiceMaster Restoration by Lewis Construction are your mold removal experts.
Mold is found everywhere and can grow almost anywhere when moisture is present. Flooding, leaky roofs from storm damage, and indoor plumbing problems can lead to interior mold growth.
What health problems come from mold?
Mold can be a health hazard to humans causing allergic reactions and respiratory problems. Symptoms of mold exposure may include:
Mold is detectable by smell and signs of water damage on walls or ceilings.
By removing food, moisture, and warmth, you can stop new mold from growing. The first step in mold remediation is having a mold assessment done.
During a mold assessment, ServiceMaster Restore will visually examine your property. Through this visual inspection, we will help determine the level of remediation necessary.
Intrusive observation may or may not be needed to assess the mold level. This includes moving furniture, lifting or removing carpets, checking behind wall paper or paneling, checking ventilation duct work, and exposing wall cavities.
Detailed visual inspection and mold odors are used to find the problem and begin the mold removal process. If you think you may have mold growing in your home or business, contact ServiceMaster Restoration by Lewis Construction.
Will you need to remove drywall?
This depends on the scope of the mold and if we can access the area without tearing out a piece of drywall. If the drywall does need to be removed, we try to remove the smallest possible section, just enough so we can get behind the affected wall.
Is this covered by my insurance?
In most cases - no. If the mold was caused by water back-up or any other water damage, then the mold removal may be covered as part of the water damage claim. Talk to your insurance agent to be sure on this, as individual policies vary greatly.
Can I stay in my home while you work?
This depends on the severity of the mold. During certain conditions, it may be deemed unsafe to enter or occupy the home. In normal circumstances, the removal is minimal and is not any more toxic than the mold is to begin with.